Selling Your Home Around the Holidays
Selling your home around the holiday season isn’t always the easiest task. Colder weather is rapidly approaching, but that doesn’t mean that house hunters are in hibernation. With these 7 tips, you could be closing the deal sooner than later. Let’s take a look.
- Go easy on decorations. Holidays are festive and come with an array of home decorations. When it comes to selling your home around the holidays, it’s important to keep your decor in check. A few festive decorations are totally acceptable, but avoid going over-the-top. Excess decorations can give the home a cluttered look and turn away potential buyers.
- Price to sell. People generally don’t prefer to move in the winter, which means there tend to be fewer buyers. Attract buyers by pricing your listing to sell. Pricing slightly below market value can even help start a bidding war!
- Increase curb appeal. Selling your home starts at the curb before anyone even steps foot into the home. Around the holidays, there tends to be less greenery. Increase the curb appeal by keeping the driveway and walkways clear of snow and keep the lawn free of any debris or leaves.
- Show high-quality photos online. Seeing is believing. Hire a professional photographer to take high-quality photos and videos of the property. Also, if you have good photos of the outside of the home when the weather is prime, post those as well. Quality photos and videos make the process of selling your home much easier and faster.
- Create the right atmosphere. Give the home buyers a warm and inviting atmosphere by keeping the heat at a comfortable temperature, turning all the lights on, and even leaving on some soft music. Doing so will instantly please the house hunter who has just come inside from the cold outdoors.
- Hire a reliable agent. Schedules get crazy around the holidays, even for real estate agents. Hire a local agent with a good reputation to ensure that your listing will get the attention that it deserves.
- Be flexible. Perhaps one of the most difficult task when selling your home around the holidays is to be flexible for showings and open houses. Most showings happen in the evening and on weekends. Keep your house in top shape, and be ready to vacate the house at any moment. You never know when the right buyer will want to see your property!
No matter what time of year, selling your home can be a bit of a challenge. Use these 7 tips to help increase your chances of attracting the right buyer and closing the deal! When it comes time to buy or sell, make sure you Inspect-It 1st®. Our qualified property inspection experts can give you an honest assessment of the property so that you’re in the know before signing the final papers.