8 Easy Upgrades to Help Sell Your Home
Trying to sell your home comes with a set of challenges especially if it’s older or outdated. Some buyers relish the opportunity to transform a house into their dream home while others may want it updated to their standards on your dime before they even make an offer. To meet your buyers in the middle, here are eight quick DIY home upgrades to help increase appeal and value before you try to sell your home.
- Update the Front Door: First impressions are everything when trying to sell your home. A front door can give the exterior of your home its own personality and make a bold statement. Update your front door by painting it a fun color and install an imaginative new door knocker or consider upgrading to an entirely new door. A front door is the first thing your potential buyers see, so keep it looking fresh and welcoming!
- Replace Kitchen Hardware: Nothing can boost your chances to sell your home quite like a kitchen upgrade! Take your kitchen from the 1990’s to the 21st century by updating your cabinets handles and knobs. You can find a variety of stylish handles and knobs that have patterns, different shapes, glass, wood, and various metals to give your kitchen the updated look it needs.
- Update the Lighting: Light fixtures can say a lot about the age of your home. Spending the money to upgrade light fixtures can not only make your home look good, but can also increase the value. Allow yourself time to shop around and find the perfect colors and metal finishes for your home to ensure that the new fixtures don’t stand out too much, but feel right at home.
- Add a Kitchen Backsplash: Bring color to your kitchen by adding a cool backsplash. A backsplash is a unique focal point that brings the space between your cabinets and counter to life. Sticking to neutral tones will help sell your home quickly but don’t be afraid to step out of the box when it comes to patterns and designs.
- Small Bathroom? Add Wallpaper!: Small bathrooms are the perfect place for patterned wallpaper and stylish accents to bring a tiny space to life. Sell your home faster by upgrading this small space with your favorite pattern and spark interest from potential buyers.
- Update Faucets: Dated or dirty faucets are an extreme turnoff to potential buyers. When it comes time to sell your home, it’s important to make sure buyers know you took care of your home. If your faucets have permanent water spots or old caulk, upgrading them will make your kitchen and bathroom look cleaner and pricier.
- Plants. Plants. Plants.: Nature makes people feel calm and welcome. Planting outdoor flowers and bushes will increase curb appeal and draw buyers to your home. Also, try placing some fresh plants throughout your home to give off that comfortable feeling.
- Choose an Accent Color: Bring your home to life by choosing an accent color that will flow throughout each room. Easily add this accent color throughout your living room by updating curtains, throw pillows, vases, and other home decor to pull the room together. Having colors from the same palette throughout your home will easily give your home the breath of life it’s been needing!
After you tackle these eight projects, you may find that the value of your home will go up or an increase in foot traffic during open houses. Take the time to focus on what your home needs before it hits the market. This can help you sell your home fast and for a higher price. To give potential buyers an added piece of mind, have Inspect-It 1st give an honest property assessment so everyone is on the same page! Set up your property inspection today!