How Much Does Home Inspection Cost ?
Purchasing a home is arguably one of the biggest decisions one makes in life, so it’s essential to be sure you’re purchasing the right one – and avoiding any unpleasant surprises that may come with it.
A property inspection is a small investment that plays a big role in your home-buying process. Our thorough inspection services include a complete assessment of the home’s systems and interior/exterior components, also evaluating how these systems are working together and identifying areas that need to be watched, repaired or replaced.
How Much is a Home Inspection ?
According to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), costs for home inspections vary dramatically, depending on the region, size and age of the house, scope of services and other factors, typically ranging from $300 to $500. The reported average costs around $315, with condos and homes under 1,000 sq. ft. costing as little as $200 and homes over 2,000 sq. ft. costing $400 or more.
Here is what you should know going into the home inspection process:
- Inspectors quote inspection fees using different methods. Some charge a flat rate by square footage of the living areas, some by square footage under the roof, or others may charge by amount of time spent on the inspection.
- Typically, the larger your home is, the more you should expect to pay for an inspection.
- The age of the home can affect cost as well. Newer homes can usually be inspected in a shorter time than older ones due to repairs, additions and other aspects that come with age.
- There’s no industry standard for calculating home inspection price, so be sure to ask your inspector up front how much you’ll be charged.
- Paying the lowest cost doesn’t always mean you’re getting the best value. Inspectors aren’t regulated by the HUD, so inspectors charging the cheapest rates may not be providing the most thorough service.
If you’re ready to purchase a home, before you close the deal, Inspect-It 1st! Our pre-purchase inspections will give you the accurate information you need to make one of life’s most important decisions, with confidence. We encourage potential buyers to accompany the inspector, and after our on-site inspection and consultation, you will receive our high-quality, thorough inspection report, complete with color photos and an easy-to-use summary. Contact us today to learn more about the home inspection process and to get started on yours!