Limited Scope Inspections
A Limited Scope Inspection from Inspect-It 1st may encompass several different types of inspection services, depending on the specific needs of the property. This type of assessment might include request such as the following:
- Request to help the client identify water intrusions such as that created by poor drainage or adverse slope.
- Request to assist the client by conducting a “major systems review” whereby only macro components of the home are inspected such as heating, ventilation, and cooling; roof; electrical; plumbing.
- Request to consult with the client regarding projects that they are planning such as remodeling, additions, and major repairs.
- Request to consult with the client regarding leaks in the basement or in other areas of the home.
- Request to consult with the client regarding structural issues at the foundation or in the attic.
Limited scope inspections provide tremendous value. A client trying to solve a leak problem may have sought out specialists such as landscapers, irrigation specialists, and roofers without any luck because those professionals were not able to view the house as a “system comprised of interacting components.”
A St. Louis County-area investor with multiple properties to consider may find it advantageous to conduct major systems reviews versus complete property inspections because they want to know about the most costly components of the properties, but not necessarily the small details.